Blogger platform have improved tremendously & ever since the release of the responsive Blogger themes, new operators have been integrated for users to use with their themes.
What Happens if widget.js Removed?
- Blogger widgets that relies on widget.js custom functions is un-usable.
- Contact form functions is disabled.
- Blogger dashboard + layout + posts/pages integrated functionalities disabled.
- You want to start a custom Blogger theme from scratch.
- Works great when developing custom plugins for your theme projects.
- Reduce injected assets to your blog page - reduce page weight & quicker page display
Here's how you can achieve this, without hacking your Blogger Theme element tags in Theme > Edit HTML panel. Backup your theme before proceeding...
- Go to Theme
- Select Edit HTML
- Find below:-
<html b:version='2' class='v2' expr:dir='data:blog.languageDirection' ....>
- Add the b:js='false' attribute with the <html> tag at the start of your theme so it will look like so:-
<html b:js='false' b:version='2' class='v2' expr:dir='data:blog.languageDirection' ... >
- Click Save Theme
- Refresh your blog pages & use "View Page Source" or F12 to view your page HTML & the results.
b:jstag, You may need to remove your widgets manually -- if necessary.
Data submitted via comments collected & stored by the respective providers.